PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: This blog does NOT discriminate against any opinions or comments lol! In other words feel free to voice your opinion, no matter how RATCHET, CRAZY, BOUGIE, OR B****Y YOU MAY SOUND. I want all of my fellow ride or die b****es to finally voice our thoughts and opinions!



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Defining and Undercovering a Ride or Die B*****

When coming up for the concept of this blog, I wanted it to encompass and focus on female opinions and empowerment. Every female wants to feel empowered and independent while maintaining a sense of purpose. I wanted something that I thought would relate to a majority of women while allowing individuality to be expressed. I think every women in a way is a ride or die b****. Many associate the phrase with men., but you can virtually be a ride or die for anything or anyone, including yourself. This made me think and want to discover what is the real meaning of a Ride or Die B****?

In order to begin, I wanted to look back at the history of the phrase. Where does this phrase originate from? Does this phrase have a ghetto connotation and if so do women enjoy giving off that persona? I know my first discovery of the phrase was through the radio and different rappers expressing how they wanted a down ass ghetto bitch. From there, the songs caught on and I would go to the club and all the ratchet and non-racthet females (some hoes) would be going along with the song expressing about how they a ride or bitch. I must admit I did it too and I am not ashamed, I have my ratchet moments. Anyways, the phrase caught on just like any other fads or phrases do.

So, I decided to use that wonderful website of urbandictionary.com just to get some clear cut definitions of the word. Mind you, I found three different common expressions all describing someone being a ride or die. So, here it is: (there are more, these are the ones I thought best)

1) Ride or Die: A way of life defined by the ability to do anything necessary to live, also the willingness to do anything as long as some down ass people are down to do it with you.

2) Ride or Die Chick: A girl who is down for her man in any situation. a girl who's not afraid of throwing down side by side with her man, even if she's the only female. she's the girl who rides in the passenger seat with tea heat ready on her lap & knows all the targets. a ride or die chick cooks for, cleans for, and entertains her man by any means necessary.

3) Ride or Die Down Ass B****: A female that aint 'fraid of going to jail for her man.. Never rats him out and takes it all for him... Is down for anything will scrap for him no matter how big the mofo is... Is ready to go to whaeva lengths she has to ta make sure food is on the table... strip, sell.. jo0 name it.. Cleanz and co0ks for him and takes care of the fam and lets no one come between what they have she would even kill for him.


Personally, I can relate more to the first definition. This is only because I will do what is necessary for me to succeed as a female in this world. Also, I would want and need the support of those around me to accomplish my goal. That definition defines me as a ride or die b****. Now, don't get me wrong when if I really loved someone I would do the things listed in the other definitions. Some being the word, because trust me there ain't no way in hell I am riding around with heat in my lap and finding targets as mentioned in the second definition. For the third definition, yeah I don't think I apply at all. Now this is just my opinion, I know of plenty who would relate a lot more to the third definition compared to the first one. We all know people who fit each category, from celebrities to friends and family.

So, my question to you is.... WHICH OF THESE DEFINITIONS DO YOU RELATE MOST WITH AND WHAT DEFINES YOU AS A RIDE OR DIE B****?????

No comments:

Post a Comment